Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life

According to Dictionary.com...


life [lahyf] 

the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms

According to me, life is the days passing, the grand sum total of the triumphs and struggles, the tick-tock of time wasting away while we endure what we must, and the rushing sound of time flying by as we soak up the pleasures.

Life is fleeting.  Life is fragile.  Life can end in a moment.  Eventually this life as we know it will end for all of us.

But I realized something different about life as I was weeding the flower beds this evening.  Life is tenacious.  Life can flourish in the most unlikely places with the smallest amount of nurturing and watch-care.  

Somehow in the midst of a whole lot of discouragement - jobs that are more frustrating than fulfilling, grief that still wants a stranglehold on my joy, to-do lists that grow more and more overwhelming,  and relationships that have stagnated - in the midst of all of that, the Lord brought me hope through weeding a flower bed.

Life is tenacious.  God's love is tenacious.  For tonight, that's enough for my soul.



1 comment:

Mrs.T said...

Amen! So very true. When you said that about life flourishing even with just a bit of watering and watch-care (which just about describes my gardening skills in a nutshell), I couldn't help but think of God's watch-care and the ways in which He nurtures us. So much greater! And He does it to the end that we will flourish and bear fruit.

Wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!