* I just ordered our cake topper. It looks like this:
I love it. I love birds & these two just look so cuddly & adorable. We also have talked through our ideas for a cake & decided what we want for sure. NEXT STEP: call the cake lady & make sure she can do what we want.
*I have e-mailed the lady we want to be our photographer. She actually does the cleaning at my workplace. She will graduate in May with her degree in photography & she has already done several weddings. I'm excited about having her take our pictures b/c she is going to give us a disc with everything on it & then we (i.e. Mike) can play around with it & create our album.
*I have my hair girl booked. DeAnn does great work!
* I have my beautiful dress. And shoes & veil. So pretty...can't wait to wear them!
*I have my flower girl booked. My friend Abby is doing all the flowers & I get to meet with her on Tuesday evening for dinner, flower planning, & a super fun visit. Can't wait!
*The wedding party has been decided.
- Maid of Honor - Beth (my sister)
- Best Man - Stew (Mike's brother)
- Bridesmaids - Stephanie A. & Becky L. (sweet friends)
- Groomsmen - Jason & Stevie (Mike's brother-in-law & cousin)
- Greeters - Amoke' & Sandy G. (sweet, friendly friends)
- Ushers - Von & Victor (Mike's cousins)
- Piano player - Joyce (even the music is all picked out!)
- Vocalist - Gwen, accompanied by Jackie (Mike's sisters)
- Flutist - Aunt Ruth (she plays so beautifully!)
- Reader - this is still undecided. I have someone in mind that I would love to have involved & I would love to have a passage of Scripture read during the ceremony, but it hasn't been officially decided.
- Cake & Kitchen helpers - I have four lovely ladies in mind, but I've only actually asked one - my sis-in-law Valerie. Still need to ask Roxi, Virginia, & Janet.
- Reception Host - I really want someone to be the person in charge so that there is a natural flow to the reception. I want my brother to do it. He's very charming & is good at being in charge. Still need to ask him.
- Reception music - I asked my g-ma to record a little lovey-dovey song that could be played while we cut the cake. I love to hear my g-ma sing & I have so many sweet memories of singing with her, I really wanted her voice to be part of the wedding somehow. We need to pick a song & record it.
* The guest list is coming together very nicely. Except for the fact that it is HUGE! I'm a little worried about the facilities being big enough but my family keeps saying that the ceremony is going to be short, blah, blah, blah. I guess if we have people standing in the back & in the foyer that will just make the whole thing more memorable, right? Note to anyone reading this that is coming to the wedding - get there early! This is your warning that you may not have a seat if you don't!
* Meet with the girls to have their dresses fitted & ordered (looking forward to that - girl time!)
*Tentatively scheduled counseling sessions with Pastor Jeff.
So, that leaves me with a list of things yet to do...
*Engagement pictures & announcement for the local newspaper
*Selection of tuxes
*Selection & ordering of invitations
*Select & purchase wedding rings
*Finalize decisions regarding set-up & decorations for reception.
*Make final plans regarding the honeymoon.
*Call two hotels & reserve 2 small blocks of rooms for out of town guests.
That's enough thinking for right now. So exciting, so tiring, & so much fun. Only 142 days to go!