Thursday, December 13, 2007

Closet Fears

Ever feel afraid of something but think, oh man is that ever stupid, so you don't tell anyone about it? I call those closet fears. Things that I'm just a little worried about but I don't really want anyone to know 'cause it's kind of silly. Well, I've got one that I just feel compelled to confess. I wonder how many of you out there will have to admit that it worries you, too?
Here's what scares me...now that the weather is colder our city has had a repeat of an annual problem. The temperatures drop & scads of crows move into town. I'm not talking about starlings or anything like that. These crows are the size of bowling balls. They are noisy & they are messy. But I'm not afraid they're going to attack me. I'm afraid of something else altogether. Recently I've been needed to make local deliveries for work. The first run goes out at 6:30 in the morning. That's when all the crows are stirring around. Seriously, it's like a black cloud overhead. And here's my fear...it's just a matter of time before I get nailed by you-know-what. And when it happens, I'll bet I get hit multiple times. Yuck just doesn't begin to cover it. That's my closet fear.
Anybody out there ever get 'hit'?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never been "hit" but my mom was right smack dab on her head one year at disney world! Very comical (though she didn't think so at the time). I'd be more afraid of a hitchcockian bird attack scene happening. Maybe to be safe you should just wear a winter hat?

Erin said...

Yes! It was right after my grandma died and I was 13. We were going to pick out some flowers before church on Sunday. I was standing beside the building waiting for everyone and a bomb landed right on my head. You can imagine my reaction being 13 and ready for church.

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

I like Alicia's suggestion to wear a hat . . . or maybe just carry an umbrella if you don't want to mess up your hair - plus you could use it as a weapon if the birds do decide to attack . . .

Karis said...

I've never been "hit", but I've never had a black cloud of crows overhead either. The odds are greatly increased in that scenario. You're not silly for your not closet anymore fear.

Karis said...

Your comment really made me laugh. Were you scared what my post was going to be with that kind of title and co-workers over your shoulder? Crackin' me up.

ruth said...

I've been hit--once when I was in high school. I was on my way to a piano lesson, and I felt a drop on my head. I thought it had started raining... I was pretty mortified when I found out what it really was.