Monday, May 19, 2008

Like A Good Neighbor...



I have had State Farm insurance ever since I became a driver. It has been a fairly friendly relationship & they also cover several other policies for me. Recently I received a statement that let me know what my car insurance premium would be for the next six months. They had incorporated all of the changes to my policy from moving and adding homeowner's insurance, etc. The very next day I received a check from State Farm for over $400! I was a little confused. So today I called & asked my super nice agent to check it out for me. I was worried that my homeowner's payment had gotten applied to the wrong policy or something crazy like that. He did some digging around & discovered that the corporate people are doing a huge audit to determine that all policyholders have received the discounts they are eligible for. It appears that I was gypped the multi-car discount for two years while I was living with my parents. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? What a blessing - to get a whopping check like that out of the blue & then to find out that I get to keep it!!! Jehovah Jireh. Sometimes I feel like the Lord is just loving on me more than I can stand. And I'm so convicted because I don't deserve one bit of it.

9 comments:

Erin said...

Yay!!!! I'm excited for you. God is soooooooo good!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Sorry about the deleted comments. I don't know why the same comment posted three times, so I deleted the other ones.

Jenny said...

What an amazing blessing! Praise the LORD! (and thanks for sharing!)

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

That is such a wonderful blessing! Maybe some new stuff for the new house?? So happy for you!

Karis said...

What a blessing is right! And how great that State Farm was so on the up and up -- it might never had been known for them to ignore this.

Adele said...

Praise the Lord! It is neat to get unexpected blessings like this, isn't it?