Supposing that definition is correct, I have to admit that lately I have kind of fallen off the wagon regarding regular exercise. I was really working hard to get ready for the Indy Mini so when the race was over I was ready for a break or a change in routine. Plus I figured it would be beneficial to give my feet a bit of a rest. I had decided that this summer I would cut back on the running & spend more time biking & doing yoga or workouts that revolve around strength training. Well, I've been busy. And I would really just rather run I guess because it's been nearly impossible to make time for the other kinds of exercise. I have all kinds of excuses - my work schedule, my house renovation, Beth's illness...you know how excuses are, they go on & on. So, I've tried to reevaluate a bit and come up with a new plan.
- ride my bike to work at least 2 days a week (this week that would be today & tomorrow)
- ride my bike on Saturdays for all errand running unless I need to go somewhere that I could get killed on a bike
- lift weights with Mike whenever he wants (he has a small personal gym thing - it's kinda fun!)
- do at least two other workouts a week using my exercise ball & DVDs from my collection or the library
- get some sleep! I think if I could work up to at least six hours a night I would feel a little bit more like exercising
So there's the plan. We'll see how it works. Mostly my schedule is out of control. If I could slow down a bit it would really help. Here's what I've been up to this week:
Monday - worked both jobs (7am-9pm) & then went to Lowe's with Mike to get some tools
Tuesday - worked both jobs & then lifted with Mike
Wednesday - worked 7am-3pm, haircut, prayer meeting, hung the crown molding in my bedroom
Thursday - work 7am-3pm, 2-3 precious hours at home to tidy up & clean/relax, dinner with DeAnn to celebrate our birthdays, mow grass at both houses with Mike
Friday - work 7am-3pm (while my family enjoys the day at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari!), grocery shop, work on the house
Saturday - get up super early so that I can exercise & go to the Farmer's Market, work 9-1, help Mike begin to pack, clean for Mom, have my birthday dinner & party
Maybe now you'll forgive me for STILL not posting pics of the house. I promise that one day I will do it!
How are all the rest of you doing with your summertime fitness goals? Any hints, encouragements, or tips? Everyone feel free to comment!