Sunday, June 24, 2007

Kentucky 2007


This weekend my family got together (I know, again!) & went to visit our cousins in Kentucky. I hadn't been down to Beaver Dam since I was 17 years old. My cousins have both gotten married & had children since the last time we were all together. We had such a great time! Friday night we gathered at Shana & Daniel's house for a cookout & then we went to David & Linda's to soak in the hot tub (decadent!). Saturday morning Shana, Beth, & I got up at the crack of dawn to go work out at the fitness center - there's nothing like breaking a sweat all together! Then we loaded up & headed out to Rough River Dam State Park where David & Linda keep their pontoon boat. We spent the rest of the day toolin' around on the boat & swimming. All of the kids got an opportunity to drive the boat (with Captain David's assistance) & they just loved it. A powerful storm rolled in late in the afternoon & it sent us scurrying for the marina. I managed to lose my favorite Splashin' Safari visor to the wind. Before I knew what had happened, it was off my head & sinking in Davey Jones's locker. Very sad.
Today we just hung out at the house, played some cards, & went for a walk in the rain. Then it was time to head home already. Now I'm gearing up for a long work day tomorrow. Back to reality. At least I like my reality 9 days out of 10!

2 comments:

Adele said...

You didn't dive in after it? :) Maybe Captain Jack Sparrow can retrieve it for you!

Glad you had a nice time with your family!

Unknown said...

Fun times! Nothing like relaxing with family in the summer weather. What a blessing to see your family so often! You're making me jealous . . . . I don't believe you actually worked out on vacation. BLECH!