Saturday, June 9, 2007

Second Annual Family Vacation






Tomorrow afternoon my entire family will descend upon Lake Rudolph in Santa Claus, Indiana. By whole family I mean Charlie & Mary Lee, Andy & Valerie, Whitney & Aidan, Beth & Brennan, Caleb & Madison & me (Auntie MeeMee). We have all of Saturday through Tuesday to loaf around as a family & enjoy all the excitement that Holiday World & Splashin' Safari can afford. We never really took vacations when I was a kid so last year when we embarked on this little adventure it was the first time in about 12 years that all of us had been somewhere overnight together. Planning to do the trip again this year was a no-brainer. And we've upgraded from two cabins to two King Size RVs. I'll let you know what they're like. Instead of sleeping on a futon, I think I get my own bed this year - yeehaw!
Right now I'm imagining hours floating along the lazy river, jumping waves in the Bahari wave pool, riding the Turkey Twister & the Voyage...we know how to do it up right! Good times all around & pics to follow!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Sounds like a wonderful way to cool off during these hot days and to enjoy your familia. THere's nothing like residing together on vacation to really make memories. :) And I bet the little tykes will be in water world heaven! Have a blast!

Erin said...

Sounds like a blast! I went to an amusement park with some college girls from the camp staff last summer and found out that I'm getting a little old for the rides I used to love. I'm a roller coaster girl all the way and after my third one I was a little nauseous. Hope you can endure them a little better than I did.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

Here is Chris and Jen's email...sorry it took so long pastorchris@mtziononline.org

Adele said...

They should pay you for giving them free advertising on your blog! I hope your family had a great time together. We would love to get Jason's family to do something like this before we are all even more scattered than we already are!