Monday, December 21, 2009

A Massive Update

I've been meaning to get on here & let you know the latest news!


*First of all, you guys gave me some great ideas of how to handle the jean skirt dilemma. Funny thing is, when I went to Old Navy last Saturday to snatch up a $5 fleece, I noticed that they had some jean skirts! They were on sale for $15, they were the distressed style I was kind of hoping for, & they had one in my size! Yippee! I snagged one for Mike to buy me for Christmas :-)


*The little girl from my church that was in the car accident has a very long road ahead of her. At this point it seems that she is paralyzed from the neck down. She has done a little bit of twitching but the doctor's do not believe that the twitching is any reason to hope. She suffered a ruptured colon & severe whiplash. She will have to have surgery/surgeries & be in the children's hospital for several months. Her mother is recovering well. Her grandma is having some major pain issues & will have to have another surgery for a crushed ankle. Please keep praying for this family. There are so many needs. Please also pray for our church to be helpful & comforting.


*I have all the results from my gall bladder tests. I do not have any gall stones or anything like that. They took a test that measured my gall bladder's ejection fracture. It is at about 20%. From what I can understand with just a little research, normal ejection fracture should be 30% or above. I have an appointment with a surgeon at the beginning of January. I'm not sure if the surgeon will think my case is severe enough to have it removed or just try to deal with it. It's a situation that doesn't improve, but it also doesn't necessarily decline rapidly. So right now I'm just trying to carefully watch what I eat & pray that the Lord will show me what I should do & that He will give the surgeon wisdom to know what is best for me. We will see.

*I just finished our Christmas cards - HALLELUJAH!!! They will hit the mailbox tomorrow!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an update! Praying for the little girl and you. I know how frustrating it is to have a chronic health issue with no clear answers. Glad for the jean skirt :). Isn't it funny how when we are old Christmas presents aren't surprises any more! LOL! I ordered both of mine myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. I've been praying for you. That is so sad about the little girl. Please keep us updated on her when you can.

Tracy said...

I'm so excited you found a jean skirt! I'll be praying for the little girl.

I wanted to let you know that having gall bladder surgery is not bad. I had my gall bladder removed the month before I got pregnant with Ezekiel. It was a day surgery, and after a couple days I was able to move around really well without any difficulty (just couldn't lift anything heavy). I'll be praying for you that you have wisdom. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Erin said...

Not that I want you to have surgery, but I really do hope they take out that gallbladder. You will be amazed at how much better you feel when it's gone. Two of my friends had the same problem you do and they struggled for a long time before the doctors would take it out. One was hospitalized several times, but when it came out she was instantly better. I know you've struggled with stomach stuff for a long time and this could be your culprit. Praying for wisdom for you and the doctor.