Thursday, November 25, 2010

I had all of these grand plans to write a super well thought out, praiseful, thankful, grateful post today. I wanted it to make sense (ha!) & be thought provoking.
However, I slept in a bit this morning - ahhhh! I had to forsake my annual Thanksgiving Day run (because we are getting some much needed rain) for a Denise Austin workout - this is my first Thanksgiving with her! - and now I need to hit the kitchen to make the noodles! So since time is slip, slip, slipping away from me, I'll keep this short & nonsensical like most of my other posts! But hopefully I can convey just a little bit of the gratitude in my heart.

1. I am so thankful for my God & my salvation.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,
that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16
Lately I have been really meditating on what my life would be like if I had never accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior & received forgiveness for my sins. Let me tell you, I can't think about it too much before my heart overflows with gratitude. The path of my life would be strewn with fear, anxiety, poor decisions & bitterness. I would be without hope. I have so much to thank Jesus for; He has been so good to care for me, lead me, & give me peace. Without Him I could do nothing, I would be nothing.

2. I woke up this morning in a warm, cozy home snuggled up next to my husband. Second only to my salvation, Michael is God's gift to me. I cannot remember how I lived before him. Daily he makes me laugh, comforts me with his wisdom & gentleness, challenges me to love, forgive, & communicate in a Biblical way & he shows me the love of Christ. I am very blessed.

3. Mike & I both have jobs. Full time jobs with benefits. In fact, right now we both have a little more overtime than we know what to do with. Our home is warm, our pantry is stocked, we have what we need & a little that we can share. God has provided for us in a wonderful, faithful way. We are thankful.

4. Today we will have dinner with Mike's family & my family. My parents literally live two blocks away & Mike's M&D are only about 5 minutes away. I still have one full set of Grands & Mike has a G-ma. We have so much family to love & fellowship with. It is overwhelming in a glorious way. Sometimes I think my heart could literally burst from the swelling up of love & happiness. Kind of like how the Grinch's heart grows at the end of the story? I have FELT THAT! God is good.

I'd better wrap this up or there will be consequences - no noodles (oh no!) & I will get so emotional that I'll have to have a kleenex up my sleeve all day!

Mike & I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

the johnson crew said...

AMEN! thank you for sharing these things! we do have so much to be grateful for! (How cool to live so close to family too!)

and yes, PRAISE GOD for our Salvation! Amen!