Saturday, September 24, 2011

Observations From A Housecleaning Woman

I've been sick since Wednesday afternoon with a fairly vicious case of strep throat.  I've been trying not to complain about it too much because I've been strep free for two years, two months, and ten days.  And the only reason I know that for sure is because the last time I had strep was my wedding day.

Anyway, I didn't log in here to post about that messy business.  I was feeling a little better today so I decided to spiffy up the house a bit.  I've been sitting around for a couple of days & I needed to move around.  Plus looking at the dusty mess was making me grouchy.

While cleaning I made two very important observations.

First of all, I love this rug that we have on our living room floor.  It's nice and cozy.  It's a great place to dig your toes in after a long day or stretch out and take a little nap.  It's fluffy & wonderful.

But it sheds.  To the point that we might as well have a long haired dog with an underactive thyroid problem living with us.  *sigh*


My second observation also invovles cleaning the floor.  We mostly have hard surface floors in our house with just a couple of area rugs.  A couple of years ago I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket so I went to get us a little vacuum.  I got us the best thing that the combination of $50 & Walmart could buy.  I got this blue beauty.  And it does a fairly good job.  But it is so loud that I'm going to need double hearing aids before I hit the ripe old age of 35. 

Seriously, my ears are still ringing.


Now I'm relaxing with a weird DVD I rented from the library.  I've been laughing at some scenes but I'm not sure they're really meant to be funny...

No comments: