Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm Feeling Spoiled!

I only have about 30 minutes left in my work week, the sun is shining (although it is still a little chilly), & in just a few hours I get to leave town for a Ladies' Retreat! Combined with yesterday's trip to the salon, I'm feeling more than a little spoiled.
I'm looking forward to the time away with the girls, spending time singing & studying God's Word. I think it will be refreshing & I will have to consciously NOT think about the massive To Do List I'll be leaving behind. I will also not have to think about missing Mike...I know, I know - super sappy & totally not like me, but that's how it is these days.
Wedding News Flash - we ordered our invitations last night. I think we got a deal - only $89 for 125 invitations. And we also selected the napkins for the reception. Those were a bit of a rip off. Our colors are Victorian Lilac & Honeydew. There is no such thing as a Honeydew hued napkin. So we are going for all Vicky Lilac. But those crazy things are about $30/100 napkins! So we decided to order 200 printed napkins & 200 plain napkins to mix together. Even with not printing them all the napkins are about the same price as the invites. Total silliness if you ask me.
My latest obstacle - an alternative to the typical guest book. I've seen the ceramic & silver plates you can sign & I've seen the photo mat deal. Neither one really appeals to me. If you have any clever ideas please share them with me! I'd be ever so grateful.

Gotta jet...super wonderful weekend wishes to you all!

4 comments:

Adele said...

After reading about your invitations, I thought about the postage increase May 11th. I don't know if you'll be able to mail your invites under the standard postage, but if so, it might be a good idea to snag all the Forever stamps you need before the rate goes up.

I think mixing the napkins is a great idea. We didn't get our dinner napkins printed, but did get the dessert ones printed.

Victorian Lilac and Honeydew sound so sophisticated and elegant.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've got a super weekend in store! Have a lovely time enjoying the extra fellowship and focus on God's Word.

Hmm, not sure about the guestbook thing. My sis made mine and then after the wedding it went right into a keepsake wedding box. Never to be seen again . . . My sis did a scroll-type guestbook which was cool looking. Are you looking for something more functional?

Erin said...

I hope you have a fabulous time at your ladies retreat. We just had ours for our church ladies and it was amazing. I don't get to go to the big one here since I work it. Have fun too!

Anonymous said...

You could go all digital. Have someone with a digital camera snap a shot of everyone then record their names somehow. Maybe on a laptop. Or get a laptop with a camera & take pics & record names.