Thursday, October 1, 2009

NOT What I Meant!

Facebook is a dangerous playground for me to play in. I get on there & I just get overstimulated. It doesn't help that I only log in every month or so. The screen is covered with stuff & people are trying to chat with me & I just get a little skitzy, if you know what I mean.
Last night I committed a facebook no-no. I was chatting with three different people, talking to Mike (in real life), texting a friend on my phone & trying to change my status all at the same time. I thought the status thing automatically read, "Mary Ann IS..." However, it only reads "Mary Ann..." It doesn't seem like a big deal, does it? I typed in "wanting to hear some good news - anybody??" Meaning: I would love for someone to tell me some good news!
I was assuming everyone would read the sentence, "Mary Ann is wanting to hear some good news - anybody?" Instead it read, "Mary Ann wanting to hear some good news - anybody?" like I had some special wonderful tidbit of joy to pass on.
Well, we will just say that a lot of people misunderstood my meaning. I got a couple of phone calls. I got a lot of emails. It's just embarrassing. I don't have any good news to share. I am a false advertiser of good news. Except of course the Good News of the Gospel. If you have any questions about THAT, please do email, call, text, etc. I'd be happy to chat.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, how you crack me up. I'm so glad you cleared that up. I hope no one is pressuring you for "good news" of your own.

Theo-Ann said...

This post made me laugh a lot! It's so funny how we sometimes mix up a couple words and it means a completely different thing. Q is always laughing at me cuz' I do it quite a bit.

Karis said...

I caused a misunderstanding yesterday in French -- not exactly sure if it was my French or if it was more a cultural misunderstanding but at any rate, it gave me some good laughter which is a great medicine! I'm going to blog about it later. Bless your heart -- one little tiny word!

ruth said...

Hah, hah! That's too funny. And I'm sure I know what news everybody had on their minds. I get that one a lot myself, and I've had my fair share of facebook status "oops" where I was just cryptic (unintentionally) enough for folks to assume I'm trying to announce something.

I can totally sympathize.

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! ha, ha, ha...