Monday, January 23, 2012

Young (At Heart) Love

Yesterday I was privileged to attend a lovely wedding.

It was a little bit different that your typical wedding.
First of all, it was held at 3:30 on Sunday afternoon, sandwiched tightly between the morning service, nursing home service, & evening service.  
Secondly, there was no large wedding party, just one best man & one best lady.
Third, the couple getting married belong to my grandparent's generation.
Fourth, it was simple, super sweet, & absolutely lovely.

And let's not forget - there was the obligatory 'oh no!' moment.  They were lighting the unity candle & it simply refused to catch.  They worked & worked at it while the musical number went from verse one into verse two.  Then they just blew all the candles out & gave up while the audience tried not chuckle.  

Isn't it true that no matter how thoroughly you plan, there will always be something that doesn't go quite right?!

Anyway, in the end they were still married up good!


There's the bride, Norma & the groom, John.  The best lady is my second momma, Janet.  She's the sweetest & looked super pretty in her sparkly red suit!  The best man is no other than my handsome G-pa.  I told him he looked handsome up there & his response was, "I just tried to look natural, you know, just being who I am."  He's adorable.

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. John!
I love stories like this.  Sometimes I think we get into a habit of thinking where we are at is where we will always be.  When John & Norma lost their spouses in the last few years the Lord wasn't done with their love lives!  The Lord is a long range planner & He is full of good ideas!

1 comment:

ruth said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing!