Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Recent Conversation

Recently I had a conversation with my dear Mike that went something like this:

Me: Baby, is there a reason why you haven't been taking your apples to work in your lunch this week?

Mike: No, baby. Why do you ask?

*I feel I must apologize to anyone who may EVER read this post. Yes, we do call each other "baby" all the time. It's very unoriginal & makes us sound like one of those bickering couples from "The Amazing Race" but we just can't help ourselves. Please forgive.

Me: Well, they are just sitting here in the fruit bowl getting ready to rot. It just seems like an awful waste to me.

Mike (with wide eyes & an innocent look): How 'bout you make some Apple Bread, baby?

Me (with a stern look): Are you letting your apples get overripe so that I will make Apple Bread?

Mike (quickly turning away to leave the room): I don't know what you are talking about.

So, guess what I did? I made some Apple Bread *grin*

YUM.

Here's the recipe, if you are interested. WARNING: Even though it contains fruit, it is not good for you. And if you accidentally leave out the baking soda & salt it will not taste good. Don't ask me how I know.

Apple Bread

1 cup oil

2 cups peeled & diced apples

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

3 eggs

2 cups sugar (feel free to reduce this amount; I usually put in two underfilled cups & it always tastes wonderful)

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

3. Pour batter into two ungreased loaf pans.

4. Bake for 60 minutes.

It's super good warm right out of the oven. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...that recipe is one of our favorites!
Becky