Monday, February 12, 2007

Top 5 Worst Jobs

Since we've had such tragic arctic weather recently, I've decided to compile a Top 5 List of Worst Jobs to do in the cold.
5. UPS/Fed Ex delivery drivers
4. Semi drivers - imagine driving a big rig in the snow/sleet/ice. Not for the faint of heart.
3. Mail Carriers
2. Garbage Collectors - this one is especially sad b/c they have to go out so early in the morning!
1. The greeter dude at places like Mike's Car Wash. Not only do they have to stand in the cold and greet you, they have to spray your car down with all that watery mist blowing over them in sub-zero wind chill conditions...yikes!

Honorable Mention - the dudes who stand on interstate exit ramps and beg. That takes some supreme dedication (imagine if that same dedication could be applied to a legitimate enterprise...hmmm).

2 comments:

Adele said...

A couple additions:

bus drivers - for dealing with cold children who invariably leave behind the mittens, scarves, and hats their mothers layered them with & for driving around on treacherous roads (at least they have weight and size going for them - a/b the only time those two things are considered a positive!).

Pea Pod drivers who are probably thinking, "I don't even like going grocery shopping with my wife and now I have to deliver groceries to people who make too much money to inconvenience themselves with the task."

Hats off - I am thankful it's them and not me! Being a stay-at-home-mom does have some perks! :)

Unknown said...

I must add one:

The poor grocery store workers who have to gather all the grocery carts and bring them inside. I always feel so bad for them in snowy cold weather!

I don't know, part of me has always wanted to be a mail carrier. They're forced to get lots of great exercise everyday and they can bundle up in the cold weather. Plus, all that alone time would be delicious.