Friday, October 21, 2011

There's Some Good News & Some Bad News...

This week has been a good & can I get a big Yee-to-the Haw! that today is Friday.  I love the weekend.  And it's almost here - that's some good news.

In other good news, I went to the dentist yesterday.  And I got a good report.  I never take that for granted & I always get a little nervy before I go.  What if my toothpaste isn't doing the job?  What if I didn't floss enough?  Will he be able to tell that I have ditched Listerine because it's nasty & it burns?  Yeah, I worry a little bit too much.  But I am super grateful that he found no cavities & no spots that could be something scary.  God is good.
And please, take note of my droopy eye.  Although my teeth might be good, I obviously have issues elsewhere!

And now for the bad news.  When I arrived at work this morning I found three pieces of evidence that a mouse had been visiting.  EWWWW!!!  Since my 'office' is actually a room that also has our break room in it, that means the mouse was in my office!  I am thoroughly horrified.  I had to Lysol the water cooler, microwave, & mini fridge.  A coworker set some mouse traps & then I got to worrying about my lunch.  I always bring my lunch to work & usually set it on the corner of my large desktop.  Today I brought an apple.  I could just picture that furry monster gnawing little bites of my apple every time I stepped away from my desk.  I was talking with my coworkers & we found a solution:

This is my mouse proof lunch box.  It's the plastic insert for one of our delivery cases.  I wasn't too hip about putting my apple inside a box that has carried radioactive drugs so I put it in a ziplock & there you go.  No mouse is going to be nipping on my apple, tomatoes, raw sugar, or salad dressing!

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.  I just hope that little bugger doesn't have a family.  I might have to quit my job.

Only 30 minutes until my workweek ends!  Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: