Friday, February 4, 2011

Voila'

Who knew you guys would have so many ideas about how to clean my desecrated jelly roll pan! I had no idea you could use fabric softener sheets, Jamie! I will remember that one. And just to fill in some of the info, I actually had made one of the Pioneer Woman's Rustic Apple Pies. It didn't look too promising on this scary baking pan but it was actually very good. The next time I make it I will definitely pay more attention to making sure that the pastry is well sealed & not full of cracks & holes. It had been a while since I handled pie crust. Let's just say I was really going for the rustic look!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...this was my scorched, baked on, totally desecrated baking pan cleaning method! First of all, I put the pan on a cooling rack.
Then I boiled some water. Not a lot, just enough to cover the entire pan. Then I poured in on & let it sit overnight. That was actually the hard part. I didn't like leaving that yucky looking pan sitting there for so long.

But look at that! It come out looking brand new with very minimal effort on my part.

Rebecca, I also loved your idea about soaking scary dishes in the laundry sinks! With two sinks (tucked away in the basement), think of all the dishes I could hide!
And Carol, yes this is a fine pan & I totally remember that it was a house warming gift from you when I moved into my apartment! That was a fun year & the pan has served me very well!
Thanks for all of your tips, friends!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awesome! What a GREAT follow-up post. Good work!

Rebecca said...

Hurray! Looks brand new!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks, guys! I'm going to try this recipe again, but next time I think I will use a pie plate! :-)