Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Back To The Real World

Perhaps I should file today?
Well, today is day three of back to the daily grind.  I had a fab.u.lous week last week visiting with so many of my precious college buddies.  We had a great time.  We didn't sleep much.  We ate probably a little too much.  We laughed until our sides hurt.  We talked while the tears flowed.  There were nods of empathy & understanding followed by hugs of warm acceptance.  The goodbyes are always hard.  This year they stuck in my throat worse than ever because of major geographic moves.  Japan, Texas & Slovakia are not just a little bit out of the way.  Our future get togethers won't be the same because we know that there are definitely going to be some who won't be there.  So that made last week a time to savor the sweet & delay thinking about the future. 

I'm good at that delay thinking feature.  Mike says I do it a lot.  He's convinced that it makes it harder for me but I don't think so.  Besides, that's seems to be how I'm wired emotionally - don't feel the feeling until you just can't hold it off any longer!

Maybe that's why we knew each other for something like 8 years before we dated...

Anyway, I'm back in the normal day to day grind & I still feel like I have a bit of vacay hangover.  Feeling a little tired & disorganized & behind my schedule of To Do's but still mellow enough from the time off to not freak out about it.

I am all caught up at work.  That huge pile of papers has now been filed.  We had a man in here all day Monday & Tuesday as well as part of today installing a new phone system.  I felt bad for him - it was a lot of work!  Now I have this shiny, sleek black phone on my desk & I hardly know how to use it.  Plus I've been nominated to record all the greetings for our voicemail system.  Ugh.  Sometimes it stinks being the only girl here.

I have pics from last week that are dying to be sprinkled over a post telling all about the time I spent away from my normal life.  We have one small problem though.  Some pics are on my iphone & some are on the really nice camera Mike got me for Christmas.  I can easily access the pics from my iphone but the camera pics need to be downloaded to a computer.  Our laptop went on it's own little 5 day vacay with the Geek Squad yesterday.  Hello, Trojan Horse!  I can't upload pics on my work computer.  My only option is to get friendly with our desktop again.  Somehow it just seems much more complicated to figure out how to manage pics with it.  But I'll hopefully get it done in the next couple of days. 

So I'm getting caught up on the laundry, the straightening, the other To Do's, & my sleep.  It's been a great week so far & I'm super happy about the three day Memorial Day holiday that is on the horizon.  Memorial Day is the first official Picnic/Cook Out holiday of the season - I'm stoked!  It's wonderful to have something to look forward to, don't you think?

2 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

Glad you had a great time!!! You're right putting off facing the facts is a great tactic.

malia said...

i know what you mean! hope you are taking it easy and enjoying the 3 day weekend!