|The Big Bad Digger|
1. The rain quit on Tuesday morning so that the work could be done.
2. Our plumber recommended someone who doesn't charge nearly as much as we feared.
3. Their digger has tires instead of tread. The tread on the small digger we used last time destroyed the grass everywhere it went. A digger this big would have caused some massive damage. We don't have a manicured lawn by any means but we want to keep as much of it alive as possible!
4. These guys will haul all the broken pipe away & we won't have to try to figure out how to dispose of it.
5. Our overstuffed closets. It's a good thing that Mike & I both have a hard time parting with clothes because I haven't been able to do much laundry at all for about 2 weeks. We've been dragging out some stuff we haven't worn in ages. When this thing gets fixed, I'm probably going to have 15 loads of laundry to do!
I don't want you to think that I've been going through this whole thing with an open checkbook & a smile on my face. I've really had to force myself to focus on God's goodness & sovereignty through this because there is major temptation to be discouraged & be anxious. In fact, I was on the edge of a migraine all evening Monday & all day Tuesday because I was stewing about this & the other things that are going on right now. I just have to keep handing all of this over to the Lord again & again. And I realize that malfunctioning plumbing is so insignificant in the face of what others are facing right now due to earthquake, tsunami, tornadoes, flooding, illness, and so on. We have nothing to complain about & though tempted to wallow in my worries, I'm so grateful that He can be trusted to take care of my cares....
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
I Peter 5:7