Friday, July 8, 2011

An International Craft Swap Update

As the deadline for my International Craft Swap project swiftly approaches I am feeling a little panicky. 

Just a little bit.

Probably due to the fact that I haven't started yet.

And complicated by the fact that I haven't picked a project yet.

Oops.

I need some help.  Since I'm not super crafty & I try to like doing crafts-y things but I don't really have any amazing artistic ability I just kind of flounder around with a zillion half hatched ideas in my brain.

So I started surfing the web.  And this is where you come in.

I've discovered a few projects that I think even I could pull off without investing too many hours & too many dollars. 

All I need you to do is let me know which project you think you would most like to receive as a gift.  That's all.  Not too hard, right?  So leave a comment here or on facebook or tell me in person.  Please don't be silent!  Because I know you have an opinion lurking around in there *grin*

Option #1:
A dressy scarf  Even though I have a degree in Home Economics & I had to take several sewing classes, I'm not much of a seamstress.  However, I do think I could pull this off.  I am a little intimidated because the girl I'm gifting seems to be quite the talented seamstress.

Option #2:
Anthro Geological Spectrum Necklace  I've never made a necklace in my life.  But I did make a bunch of beaded bracelets for Christmas one year.  That gives me the confidence to think that I could probably pull this one off & make a humdinger of a necklace!

Option #3:
A bracelet from a belt This idea comes from Malia at one of my favorite blogs, Yesterday on Tuesday. She's full of easy ideas & all sorts of fun.  You should check her blog out sometime.

Option #4:
A Chalkboard Candelabra This idea is also from Malia.  I think this is the project that I really want to do.  It just looks fun & it's something completely different than any other crafty thing I've done.  And I think Mike would have to help me.  I'm always looking for excuses to spend time with him.  Don't tell, but I think he's cute *grin*

Option #5:
Anything you can think of to recommend to me.  I'm open for suggestions!

Thanks for all of your help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the chalkboard candelabra. It really does not look to hard to do. A neat idea! I am sure whatever you choose will look great! :) Becky

Unknown said...

All of those projects look neato bandeeto! I think the chalkboard candelholder and necklace look the most promising. I'm guessing the chalkboard one will be easiest and least costly. You could even include a pack of bright chalk to go with it!