Friday, July 1, 2011

The Unplanned...

Today has just not gone like I thought it would.

First of all, it has been raining off & on all day.  I didn't think that was in the forecast.

Second of all, one of my coworkers went home sick which in turn caused me to make several deliveries that I wouldn't normally be making & I was not planning on spending that much time away from my awesome new desk.

And the big kahuna of the unplanned is that I have had a migraine headache today.  It's the weirdest thing because I haven't had one in years.  In fact, it's been so long that I didn't recognize the symptoms at all until it was too late.  I was getting ready to leave for my out of town delivery when I realized that my eyesight was monkeyed up.  I was looking at Bob (one of my coworkers) & I couldn't see all of his face.  Huh.  Mild panic took up residence in the pit of my stomach.  I rationalized that it was from looking at my computer screen since my desk changed & now the light was hitting it different, blah, blah, blah.  Truth be told, for about 15 minutes I couldn't see much of anything.  Then all of a sudden it was fine.  I got in the car & called my mom & she convinced me it was probably a migraine starting up & that I should take some aspirin ASAP.  Thankfully I had some with me so I took one.  Man, then the headache set in.  I have been squinting my eyes & furrowing my brow so much that most of my mascara is on my cheeks & I think I have a permanent wrinkle between my eyebrows.

A few hours later & I'm feeling much better.  My migraines are bothersome but they have never been debilitating, thank God.  The thing that bothers me most about today is that I have no idea what triggered the headache.  Years ago when I got them more frequently they were always linked to some big emotional thing - something upsetting or even something really happy & exciting.  Today has just been a regular day; nothing big has happened at all.  Huh.

Do any of you suffer from migraines?  What are your triggers?

1 comment:

Michele said...

Your title said, "The Unplanned," and I thought I was going to open it up and it would say "pregnancy!" lol Sorry, no advice on migraine. I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia and that causes mine, so no triggers. Just nerve issues.