Thursday, July 7, 2011

To Make You Smile...


Look at this lovely little tomato coming on.  Doesn't it look great?  This summer I have really been longing to dig in the dirt & plant a big 'ole garden!  But the problem is that I'm PharmGirl, not a farm girl so it just hasn't happened.  Our yard is big but totally unfenced & full of bunnies every evening.  And the soil is bad, as in  sandy & full of broken bricks & rocks.  If we were to have a garden there would be weeks of preparation.  We don't have that kind of stamina.  Maybe someday...

So I've had several chats with the Lord about this.  I have been requesting that the next house (& who knows when that will be?) will have a lovely gardening area - maybe even already established! 

As the summer has gone by & I've been mowing & trying to figure out what to do with the serious ruts & mess left behind by the sewer saga I noticed a strange looking growth in our yard.  I refused to mow it down & man, did it look funny!  Mike came home & asked what was up with the weirdo weed.  I said not to worry about it; I think it's a tomato plant.  He didn't believe me & I halfway didn't believe myself.  I decided to wait & see.

I have waited.  And now I have seen.  Three little tomatoes & a total of three plants!  All volunteer.  Can you believe it?  I can't help but attribute this little yard development to the goodness of our God.  He knew the desire of my heart & He knew how hard I was working not to be jealous of those who have big, gorgeous gardens.  And He blessed us with three volunteer tomato plants.

How sweet is that?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Volunteer tomato plants? Whodathunkit? Awesome!