Thursday, April 7, 2011

Anticipation

One of the things that I love so much about Spring is that there are so many things to look forward to...Spring Break, warm days to play outside, planting flowers, planning gardens, getting the grill ready to fire up, planting flowers, digging out your flip flops & taking care of the first pedicure of the year...good stuff!
This week our nephew & niece, Caleb & Maddie are on Spring Break.  They have been having a blast.  That's how it should be, right?
Maddie loaded Coco into the wagon & took her for a ride!
 I have Friday off of work & they are going to come spend the night with us tonight.  I'm totally excited.  We haven't ever had them overnight before.  I really want Mike & I to be the cool, fun uncle & aunt they they will want to spend time with.  Is that totally immature?  Probably so. 
Any ideas of super fun & cool things we can do together?
I've already planned to let them sleep on the pull out couch bed. 
I totally thought that was fun when I was a kid. 
Am I weird?
I also figured we could jam to a little Celtic Thunder. 
We all love the song "All God's Creatures Have A Place In the Choir."
No need to answer the above question.  After a momen't consideration I know I'm weird.

In Other News...

Getting ready to burst out & shine!
Maggie Magnolia is in fine shape lately.  She is literally covered with buds like this one. 
I cannot wait for her to let it fly & bloom all over!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun tonight! Praying for you, friend! Becky

Unknown said...

I'm sure you guys already ARE the cool fun aunt & uncle! Just by virtue of not having kids and being so young!

My suggestions for a fun idea would be to just do something out of the ordinary. Maybe play a board game together that they've never played before (or if you don't have one you could play a silly version of charades), go for a walking scavenger hunt/nature walk through your neighborhood, make pancakes in fun shapes in the morning for breakfast.

Whatever you do, have lots of fun!

the johnson crew said...

yes, i am sure you are the cool aunt already. - i just looked up that song on youtube. It made me laugh. My 2nd grade teacher (Who could NOT hold a tune) taught us that song. Of course the entire class learned that song in a "flat key." I got a good laugh when I heard what it was supposed to sound like.

Theo-Ann said...

You already sound like an awesome auntie!:) I love being one, too. How about making a fort in the living room with the couch cushions and pillows? Then you can pretend you're camping outdoors and have a fun snack inside! Hope your weekend is fun with the kiddos.

Adele said...

I hope you had a good time. What did you end up doing?