Saturday, April 23, 2011

Take A Walk Through My Garden...

Ha ha!  I wish!
The fact that my dad is an extremely talented landscaper just cracks me up.  That a black thumb such as I could be his daughter just proves that the Lord has a sense of humor.
Last summer I killed hostas & ferns.  That's how bad it is.
Since I have already confessed that our yard is a ten point disaster, I took some pics at my parents house the other day.  My dad doesn't spend as much time as he would like on their yard (he's too busy working!) but he does have some flowering beauties that have dazzled this spring.
Like this lilac bush, which by they way, is sheltering a cardinal couple & their nest.  This is the second year in a row that a cardinal couple has built in this lilac.  I hope I can get some pics this year!
 Does anything on earth smell as good as a lilac bloom? 
 These lavender beauties make me smile.
 And here is the heart shaped tulip bed.  Can you spot the two purple leftovers from last year? *grin*
 Hello, beautiful!
 This cheerful group greets everyone who comes up to the door.
And this little beauty is a plum cistena bloom.  They are dainty - a little smaller than a nickle & they are sweet smelling - love 'em!


For behold, the winter is past;

the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens its figs,
and the vines are in blossom;
they give forth fragrance.
Song of Solomon 2:11-13a

I hope things are blooming beautifully in your neck of the woods!

No comments: