Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Rest of the Festivities

 As I mentioned in my last post, the whole family got together recently to celebrate my parent's 40th wedding anniversary.

I've come to realize this is a big deal in more than one way.
I've always known that it's a big deal when your parents stay together.  Divorce happens a lot & honestly, who but God knew that my parents would make it to 40 years?
Now that I'm married myself I understand this truth from a whole different perspective. 
I give my parents a hearty WAY TO GO!  GOOD JOB! 
And we gave them a big cake.  It seemed like a good idea.


That same night we celebrated my G-pa's 87th birthday.  This happens to be the only decent shot I got of him all night.  I had to load it into my Instagram app on my phone to snazz it up a bit.  I really like the way it turned out.
By the way, if you use Instagram, let me know so that I can follow you!  It's a lot of fun but I don't know many people out there.  Please be my friend *grin*

 At some point in the course of the evening G-pa realized that I was snapping pics of everyone.  From that moment on he decided to be ornery.  He was making faces that made him look like a stroke victim.  What a goof!
 Mike & I got him that sign for their cabin out in the country.  It says "Welcome to the Cabin."  I love those little plaques.  I have several around our house that say things like "Work hard.  Pray hard.  Trust God."  Very good little reminders.  I need one to keep in front of me at all times that says "Be Quiet."  Not just in the stop talking sense (although sometimes I DO need to quit talking!) but in the sense of keeping of a quiet mind, spirit, & body.  I am just a noisy, tense, even sometimes twitchy person.  Gotta learn to be quiet!

There's the stroke victim face again!
It's a blessing to have such a great weird family.  We enjoy being together & the fact that we can all cram around one table & stay there for hours laughing & talking together is something that I praise the Lord for. 

Yeah, we were watching the NCAA tournament during dinner.  Is anyone else heartbroken about Butler's loss last night?  *sob*

No comments: