Tuesday, April 19, 2011

There's Nothing Like A Good Story...

Quite a while ago I told you that one of my goals for 2011 was to read the entire collection of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  I was able to borrow a book from my aunt that had all seven stories in it:
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

I enjoyed every word & every line & every page.  And there were lots of pages - something like 746 if I remember correctly.  And that makes for a very big book.  It was almost hard to read in bed (one of my favorite nighttime activities).  If I got too drowsy holding the book it would flop around & hit me in the face or hit the floor with a loud smack.  Mike got lots of laughs out of me trying to read this book in bed.

I have to confess that once I got into the last story I almost intentionally didn't pick up the book to read as often because I knew I was getting close to the end & I just didn't want the story to end.

Why yes, I often suffer from denial; don't you? *grin*

Anyway, now I don't have any books that I'm in the process of reading.  I should follow a fiction book with something nonfiction; I try to rotate them like that so that hopefully I'm challenging myself & learning something every once in a while.

Have any of you read something good lately?  Any recommendations for me?  Thanks!

No comments: