Sunday, April 17, 2011

From the Mouth of Madison

Maddie & Me
First of all, I gotta say that I have some fabulous nephews & nieces.  They seriously make my heart squeeze.  I'm blessed to spend a lot of time with Caleb & Madison because they live here in town.  I miss Whitney, Aidan, Caydance, & Canton every day & try to squeeze as much out of every visit as I possibly can.

Poor Madison though.  Lately people are forever telling her that she is just like me.  Her dad has called her a "Mini MeeMee" from almost day one.  She has brown hair & dark eyes (like me).  She has a lot to say most of the time (like me).  She laughs kind of loud & loves to make others laugh (like me).  She can be a bit dramatic & tears come easy (like me).  There is never a dull moment when Mad is around.

When we had our little sleep over last week she told me something that just cracked me up.  She looks at her Uncle Mike with starry eyes, if you know what I mean.  I totally understand because I have a major crush on him, too.  Last Thursday she did something that she thought was embarrassing in front of him.  When we were leaving the house to pick up our breadstick/pizza supper she said, "Aunt MeeMee, my hiney has been so tingly since I got embarrassed in front of Uncle Mike!  I thought my bottom was going to fall off!"

I've heard of  'hiney tingles' before.  The Pioneer Woman talks about them on her blog in her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" posts.  I think she is talking about something entirely different.

I've never heard of 'hiney tingles' in association with embarassment.  And I'm sure Mad hasn't read the Pioneer Woman's blog.

She mentioned it again the next day saying, "My hiney tingled all night last night!"

She cracks me up.

2 comments:

malia said...

ok how precious is that picture? love it! and cute cute cute kiddo!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks, Malia. We definitely consider Maddie a keeper!