Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Major Award!

It says right here, "A major award!"

Name that movie - I dare ya! It's a family fave.

Theo has selected me for a couple of blog awards. Truthfully, I'm more excited to know that she occasionally reads my blog than I am about the awards!
Upon IndianaPharmGirl, she has bestowed the Beautiful Blogger Award (I think that means I'm pretty!) & the One Lovely Blog Award (I think that means my blog is pretty! We match!).






There are conditions that come with these awards. First, I have to thank Theo for bestowing the honors. Thanks, Theo!

Secondly, I have to bestow the same honors upons fifteen other bloggers that I have discovered whose writings delight me upon a regular basis. This is where it gets sticky, folks. I have absolutely no idea how to turn a link into a neatly typed word. If I don't figure it out here in the next couple of minutes this post will turn into an unsightly list of back slashes & colons. Not good at all. They might take my awards back!

Thirdly, I am to contact the winners & let them know they won. I know how to do that. I'm a fairly experienced comment-leaver.

Fourthly, I have to tell you seven things about me. Number one is that I'm too un-techie to put links in my posts. It really saddens me.

1. No links here. We have officially exhausted this topic.

2. I love crossword puzzles. I'm a word nerd. That rhymes! Give it a try; it will make you giggle!

3. I love to ride my bike. I want to get some baskets to attach to it this summer so I can shop by bike. I will look like I've had one to many DUI's.

4. I'm afraid that brown recluse spiders live in our basement.

5. I enjoy a good workout video. Yes, I hang out with Jane Fonda & Denise Austin upon occasion. It's a sickness & I can't help it.

6. I hate bananas. The look, the smell, the taste, the way they feel in your mouth - BLECH!!!

7. I am intrigued by all things Indian - Indian food, saris, Bollywood movies, all of it! I'd take a trip to India in a heartbeat!

There you go! Thank you, Theo!

If someone comments & leaves me instructions for doing the link thing I will complete my award winner obligations & award others. It's all up to you. It's almost like the People's Choice Awards with a twist...

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations on winning the awards -- Your blog is beautiful. At least brown recluse spiders will more than likely leave you alone -- I know the ones living in our basement have :)

To leave a link you highlight the word you are trying to link and then click on the chain link in the format bar. This will pop open a window for you to paste the url of the page you are trying to link. I hope this helps.

Theo-Ann said...

you're most welcome, Mary Ann! I was just going to tell you the same thing about linking...but someone beat me to it. I don't know how to do everything either, so I ask my husband for help! Have a great day!:)

ExploreColorado said...

Indian food is one of my favorites too!! I'm always trying to con someone eating it with me.

Mary Ann said...

Vickie - if you lived close by I'd be picking you up for dinner at the Indian restaurant tonight! I haven't been able to convince anyone to go there with me :-(