Monday, March 29, 2010

Sharing Some Hospitality

Hard to believe, but it's already been a week and a half since we had some friends over for dinner. I thought I would share with you just a little bit about our fun night. This was the menu:

I was just responsible for the main meal. Others were bringing the dessert - and did they EVER! We chowed down, people. I'm not afraid to say that no one went home hungry.

Here's the dinner crew. Along the back row from left to right is Brian, Charlie (my Dad), Muriel, Mike, me, & Autumn. The front row is Mary Lee (my Mom), Carrie, & Von.
Don't let Von's expression fool you; he had a blast.
And was I lying? Look at all that dessert - strawberry cheesecake, red velvet cake, lemon cake, apple pie, oh my do we know how to do it right!
Here's the scoop on the dinner crew. My parents are, well my parents. Enough said; they have a standing invitation for dinner. Brian & Carrie used to live right next door to us. My parents moved in July of '78 & they moved in just a little later. They were super fun neighbors & when they moved they became even more fun. First they owned a restaurant & lived in an apartment upstairs. I loved roaming around the restaurant kitchen & the bar when it was closed. Brian made fun non-alcoholic drinks for us & we partied like it was 1999. Then they moved to a house in the country with an in ground pool complete with a diving board. Did the good times ever roll at that house. Now they have a hot tub, an RV, & a boat. They are great :-) But seriously, they are great. And they have been great friends to my parents which makes me love them even more. My parents need friends *heehee
Muriel is Brian's mom. She is super interesting b/c she is a war bride from England. She has a soft voice with the best accent ever. She is sweet, sweet, sweet & I love talking with her.
Autumn is my walking buddy, my grocery shopping buddy, my new recipe guinea pig & a great friend. She lives just a mile or so away & we get together often. She has an appearance in the coconut cracking video. Just thought I'd jog your memory just in case you were thinking you recognized her but just didn't know why.
Things like that drive me crazy. That's why I had to help you out.
Von is Mike's cousin. He doesn't live in town, but when he's here we try to be sure to see him. This is the first time I've ever fed him & he didn't seem to mind the food. I'll bet he'll be back!
See, I told you Von had a blast. The smile in this pic proves it.
I love having people in our home. I think it's important to show hospitality. I still get nervous; I still double up on the deodorant just in case my body decides to betray me by going into a sweating fit (I know I'm not the only one that this happens to!). But it's so worth it when you can look around your dining table & see all the dear faces - hopefully smiling & enjoying themselves!




Dinner with M&D, Bri & Car, Mur, Aut, Von

No comments: